Bookmark and Share




Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Open Question: How to get a chocolate stain out of your clothes? and more...

 
 



Open Question: How to get a chocolate stain out of your clothes? and more...

Open Question: How to get a chocolate stain out of your clothes?

Remove any loose chocolate from the garment to prepare the fabric for washing. Take a papertowel and lightly dab the affected area to remove some of the stain. Set the garment aside. Step 2Take some detergent and place it in a bowl. The detergent needs to be in the powder form. Add little amounts of warm water to the detergent to form a paste. Once a paste is formed take a small amount and place it on the chocolate stain. Lightly rub the paste onto the stain so it can penetrate the fabric. Let the fabric sit for about five to ten minutes. Step 3Place the garment into the washer and wash normally. After washing check the garment for the chocolate stain. If the stain is gone proceed with drying. If the stain is not removed repeat step 2 and try washing again. If the stain is not removed after the second try consider contacting your local dry cleaner

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: What's wrong with my jeans?

Ok so I got a couple pairs of skinny jeans about 8 months ago from a store that sold them for only $9 each. When I first put them on, they were really stiff and uncomfortable. Now, they're been worn in a little, but I've been noticing a chemical-like smell coming from them, even right after they've been washed and dried. What's wrong with them? Are they just poorly made? =(

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Can you clean foreign coins?

So I found a collection in my basement of foreign coins. None are very old but they appear as if they have gotten wet at some time (they are all oddly colored like coins bled onto each other) I tried soap and water to see if they would clean off but that didn't work. Anyone know a trick or had some type of experience with this? Or are they ruined?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: i got wax all over my dvd player how can i remove it ?? can i use gasolin for that?

i got wax all over my dvd player how can i remove it ?? can i use gasolin for that??

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Can you wash a feather duvet in the washing machine?

My favourite duvet is all smelly and somewhat discoloured, been a couple years using it (always with a cover), it seems to be well made, the feathers never come out on their own... It doesn't have a "washing instructions tag". I just don't want to have to have to replace it, advice?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: How Do I get more customers for cleaning?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Need a reliable cleaner for a belting leather breifcase. Suggestions?

Flat out, its a Hartmann. What brand do you recommend? Thanks!

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: does clothes stay fresher longer when its line dried?

i love line drying my clothes when the weather gets nice! i love the texture of the clothing and i love the fresh smell. does the clothes tend to stay fresher long when its line dried, even if i line dry indoors?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: How do i remove finger nail polish?

i got neon green nail polish on my beige carpet... ive tried nail polish remover and window cleaner with no much luck. any other suggestions?? oh and i didn't mention that my parents are going to kill me if i don't get this up!

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: got an old ironing board with extension... what kind of cover?

I make theater type costumes and got tired of my light weight ironing board almost falling over. I went to a 2nd hand store and found an OLD STYLE ironing board (heavier so it won't be so easily knocked over) It has extensions that come out of the front < area to make it more of a <[ .... ] board. (more square in shape) this is great because of the VOLUME of fabric I must deal with. NOW i have to cover it.... i am going to use old sheets and some cotton quilt batting to pad it. I would like to find a teflon type cover... but what will work with the [ ... ] shape? or should I use T Shirt material that will stretch over it??? Anyone ever had one of those "very SPIFFY" ironing boards? ( I can see the advertising for this ... THE LATEST in ironing convenience!!!!") suggestions?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Bleach And the Washer Machine?

K so my mom washed her sheets with bleech. I'm need to wash my clothes now, and idk if its safe to wash them DIRECTLY after hers, should i run an extra wash? I scared to damange my clothes,

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: How should I wash my dark jeans?

I recently bought 4 new pairs of jeans they are extremely dark. Now as a guy I follow the stereotype of sucking at laundry, and have had bad experiences with color mixing and dye bleeding before. All the jeans say machine wash separately, but I'm obviously not going to wash them one by one and waste hydro and money. Is it ok to wash all these jeans together? What should I do about it cause I would hate for these jeans to be ruined. thank you so much and Happy March Break :)

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: How do I get hair dye out of tile flooring?

I recently dyed my hair back to my original hair color, Black. And while I was dying it, I got hair dye on the floor (yes I tried to use a towel to prevent more hair dye getting on the floor). The flooring is while tile, and by the time I wiped the dye up it had some in the floor and it has a brown tint to it... If there is any possible way, it would help me a lot and make my dad happy. i mean it's white tile.

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Where do socks go when they disappear?

Yesterday I put 6 socks into the dryer. I am positive. I turned the dryer on and watched for 20 min. When i opened it only 2 socks were there.

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Has anybody here used chem-dry to clean their berber carpeting?

What were your results?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: What's the best way to remove blood from a hotel room floor?

It's a darkish beige color. Please hurry, I'm panicking!!! @ Donna. That doesn't help at all. I just want to get this carpet cleaned WITHOUT bringing the cops or hotel employees into the equation. @ Judy: thx for the advice. What should I do with the towels when I'm done? They won't fit in my suitcase and my trunk is full. I don't want to carry them to my car, and leaving them on my backseat won't work either. lol it's just one thing after another!!!!

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: How can i get the stains out of a white shirt so it looks brand new?

Mostly dirt/brown stains and ink stains

Email to a friendRelated



More Recent Articles


Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Yahoo! Answers: Search for " or change your subscription or subscribe

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

0 comments: